Most people know that they can clean their homes with basic items such as vinegar, baking soda and lemons. But, you may be surprised to learn that old dryer sheets can be used for your housecleaning chores.
Dryer sheets can be used for much more than removing static from your laundry. We have gathered the top tips on how you can use dryer sheets to clean your home. Let’s take a look at how dryer sheets can help you quickly and effortlessly clean your home.
Dryer Sheets Can Be Used to Dust Your Home – Dryer sheets help to soften your laundry and prevent static electricity. The properties of dryer sheets can also help to remove dust off of your household items. Dryer sheets can be used to do the following cleaning tasks:
* Wipe down computer monitors and televisions to remove dust
* Wipe down our ceiling fan blades to remove dust and prevent it from collecting
* Wipe down baseboards, mini-blinds, and windowsills to remove dust
* Wiped down bookshelves, sideboards, tables and other wood furniture to remove dust
* Wipe down upholstered furniture to remove pet hair and fresh fabrics
Dryer Sheets Can Be Used to Clean Up Spills – Have you ever slipped flour or baby powder on your tile, hardwood or linoleum floor? If so, you know that cleaning up these messes can be very difficult. The fine power can spread everywhere and get in the air if you try to vacuum or sweep it up. Luckily, dryer sheets can capture the fine powder and lock it in so that cleaning is a breeze. Simply grab a dryer sheet, and wipe from the outside to the inside of the mess. Soon, you will remove all traces of the fine powder.
Dryer Sheets Can Clean Your Bathroom – Many people never think of using a dryer sheet in the bathroom; however, these sheets can work wonders in your bathroom. They not only clean surfaces, but also leave a fresh scent, making your bathroom smell as clean as it looks. Use dryer sheets in the bathroom to:
* Wipe dust from cabinets, toilets, and vanities.
* Buff the mirrors in your bathroom to remove film and dust.
* Polish your shower and sink chrome fixtures.
* Remove soap scum from your shower tiles and shower doors.
* Clean beard clipping and makeup from the basins of your sinks.
Other Use for Dryer Sheets – Dryer sheets do so much more than remove static from your laundry and leave a lasting, fresh scent. They can also be used for the following things:
* Remove pet hair from the clothes you are wearing.
* Remove static caused by layering clothing like cardigans worn over shirts or stockings worn under skirts.
* Tame your flyaway hair by removing static electricity.
* Remove deodorant marks from your clothing.
* Polish your eyeglasses to remove smudges.
Dryer sheets offer so many uses around your home, including removing dust from mirrors, computer screens, and televisions, removing soap scum from bathroom fixtures, taming flyaway hair and removing deodorant marks from your clothing. As you can see, there are many ways for you to upcycle your dryer sheets.
If you are looking for more ways to keep your home clean, check out our post on cleaning your home using toothpaste.
Remember, if you need help getting and keep your home clean and organized, we are ready to help. Whether you are hosting a special event or need routine cleaning, we are here for you! Give us a call today.