Everyone who vacuums does not think much about the actual process. You plug the vacuum in, turn it on and begin vacuuming, right? Unfortunately, many people take longer than necessary when vacuuming. There are actually some things that can shorten the amount of time that it takes to complete your chore.
Let’s take a look at how you can save time and vacuum like a pro with the following tips.
1. Make a Plan – It sounds silly. After all, it is just vacuuming, but making a plan is one of the best things you can do to help save you time. Map out the rooms that you need to clean. Remember that you want to dust before you clean your floors because the dust will fall to the floor. If you vacuum and then dust, you may need to vacuum again to remove any fallen dust. When minutes count, learning how to streamline your cleaning process is essential.
2. Clean Your Vacuum Before You Start – In order to ensure your vacuum cleaner is performing at its peak, it must be cleaned inside and out. Cleaning your vacuum will ensure that it has proper airflow. If you filter is clogged with dust or the canister is full the vacuum will not perform well. By cleaning your vacuum before you begin, ensure that it performs well, which will save you time.
3. Clean Up First – We have already talked about dusting before vacuuming; however, you also need to spend a few minutes clearing the floors you will be vacuuming. Doing this will prevent you from needing to stop and pick up items as you vacuum. Additionally, picking up items will prevent you from accidentally sucking up items into your vacuum cleaner that can damage the vacuum, get tangled in the brushes or cause you to trip as you vacuum.
4. Learn to Vacuum the Right Way – You may think that vacuuming is a no-brainer chore; however, there are certain things you need to know to ensure you are using your vacuum cleaner correctly. One of the best ways to do this is to read your owner’s manual. It will teach you how to keep your vacuum in good working order and use it efficiently.
5. Vacuum Regularly – Maintaining a cleaning schedule, including vacuuming, will save you time when you are cleaning. If your clean throughout the week, less dirt can accumulate, which means that it will take fewer passes when you vacuum. This will save you time. If you are not sure how often your home needs cleaning, check out our post. It will show you how often each chore should be done so you can clean your home quickly.
As you can see, there are several things that you need to know to save you time when it comes to vacuuming your home. If you lead a hectic life, the aforementioned tips can save you time. If you do not think that you have time to get your housework done, we can help. Contact us today to learn how we can keep your home looking the way you like it. We will work hard to ensure that your home is clean without you needing to lift a finger.