Though we use laundry rooms and appliances for cleaning and other household chores, it is important to maintain them too. If they are not maintained properly, then these washers and dryers can emit unpleasant odors. Even molds and mildews can also grow in these appliances. At Dashing Maids, our cleaning professionals try their best to keep your laundry room completely clean and fresh. For helping you, we have some quick laundry room cleaning tips that can help you.
Eliminating mildew & mold from washer
People think that as washers are self-cleaning, they don’t require maintenance or cleaning. Wrong! As the washer cleans mud, soil and dirt from your clothes, all these things tend to get accumulated in the machine. Bacteria and germs can thrive on these. Also, the moisture level in the washer can encourage mold and mildew growth. This can be toxic and hazardous for the heath.
For the front-load washers, you have to check the rubber gasket in the front. Molds and mildew tend to accumulate in this part. You also must check the dispensers as most of the detergents and softeners leave a layer behind which can encourage mold growth. Buy a specialized mold and mildew cleaner which is approved for commercial uses. These solutions can prevent the growth of the mold and mildew.
Tips for preventing mildew & mold
- Don’t leave the wet clothes in your washer for a long time
- Don’t use the high-sudsing detergents
- Must clean the gasket regularly
- Make sure to leave the washer’s door open
Checklist for regular cleaning laundry room
- You need to dust the window sills as well as the machine tops properly
- Make sure to clean the windows of the room with a damp cloth and cleaner
- Remove all the lint from filter or traps
- Carefully wipe the shelves, cabinets as well as the countertops
- Empty all the trash and waste bins as per need
- Mop and sweep the floors of the laundry room
Get help for household cleaning
For any cleaning services, you can call Dashing Maids. We assure you we will provide the best service and keep your rooms spic-and-span with everything neatly organized and cleaned up. Our experts are well-trained and professional to take care of everything and anything needed for your cleaning service. Call us today!